Think you make Maryland's Best Cocktail?
Share your risk-taking and history-making spirit with us by developing an original cocktail inspired by what Maryland means to you.
Submit your application by March 1, 2020.
On March 4th, the Bartender page will go live! Share with family, friends, and followers to get the most votes on your cocktail!
WHEN: Sunday, April 19, 2020
WHERE: Sagamore Spirit Distillery in Baltimore, Maryland
WHAT: Six contestants will mix-up their original Maryland-inspired cocktail.
Each bartender will serve and describe their cocktail to the panel. Judges will rank cocktails based on taste, presentation, and originality.
Over $7,000 in cash and prizes!
One Grand Prize Winner will receive:
$1,000 Cash Prize
Bartender feature in Chilled Magazine
Seasonal Featured Cocktail at Sagamore Spirit’s New Cocktail Bar
Sagamore Spirit Swag Bag
Additional prizes for one People’s Choice Winner.
The Grand Prize Winner and People’s Choice Winner may be the same.
OFFICIAL RULES FOR ALL CONTESTANTS
- Recipe submissions must be original creations and must be submitted by March 1st, 2020.
- Recipes must contain at least one of the following expression of Sagamore Spirit Rye Whiskey – Signature Rye Whiskey, Cask Strength Rye Whiskey, or Double Oak Rye Whiskey.
- Recipes can include another liquor, as long as the Sagamore Spirit Rye Whiskey is the feature.
- For the showdown, Sagamore Spirit will supply the whiskey and all the ingredients that can be purchased in a generic grocery store, anything else will need to be brought in by the bartenders (i.e. homemade simple syrup).
- Detailed itinerary and Showdown rules provided to top six selected bartenders.
- Top 6 bartender will be announced on March 23rd.
- Must be at least 21 years-old by March 1, 2020.
- Must be present at Sagamore Spirit Distillery on April 19, 2020 to participate in the competition if selected as one of the top six.
- This program is open to all working bartenders that are not employed by liquor companies or distributors as full time employees.