Black-Eyed RyeCocktail Type | Single Serve
Preakness is Maryland’s greatest day – this is a drink inspired by fast horses and oh-so-slow aged Sagamore Rye Whiskey.
- 1.5 oz Sagamore Spirit Rye Whiskey
- 3 oz of Ginger Beer
- .5 oz Lime Juice
- .75 oz Blackberry Simple Syrup
- 8 to 10 mint leaves
- Shake and double strain into a Collins glass.
- Top with Ginger Beer.
- Garnish with mint sprig and three skewered blackberries.
- Blackberry Simple Syrup: Mix equal parts water, sugar, and blackberries in a pot. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes. Chill overnight and strain.
Serves | 1